March 01, 2006

Sorry, Again

[UPDATE: Thursday morning -- the landlords and I finally had it out once and for all. Horrible. I had to give them almost every penny I had, most of which I didn't owe them in the first place. Given how much we all hate each other now, I'd move out this month if I possibly could. But once again, I'm close to completely broke. My thanks once more to those of you who have been so kind and thoughtful. As you can imagine, I'm in an absolutely terrible frame of mind. I'll try to do some writing later today or tomorrow, but it will take me a while to decompress from all this. My apologies for the delay.]

I'm sorry I haven't been able to do any substantive writing today. This truly stupid business is now extraordinarily nasty, and it's destroyed my ability to think and write completely for the moment. Not that it's news to anyone, but that's the great danger in living on the very edge financially: one unexpected problem comes up, and it pushes you over. So now it appears that I'm over.

Hopefully I'll rebound a bit tomorrow. Many thanks to those who have made donations. I'm tremendously grateful.

I'll do my best to get back to writing in the morning.